Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Batman Notebook

Nananananananana BATMAN! Batman is my all time favorite super hero. He pretty much kicks butt in all of his incarnations and I have a special place in my heart for the 1960's-Adam-West version all the way to the Dark-Knight-Christian-Bale trilogy. I have a thing for crazy guys and so the joker also has a whole chamber of my heart to himself (his girlfriend Harley Quinn as well!)

Since I started school last week I decided to give some of my little moleskin notebooks a facelift. There will be two more notebook tutorials coming up, a bonus post at DALB this saturday, then my next tutorial. This project is super simple and quick, plus you get to play with gold-leaf which is very fun.


Supplies:

  1. Gold Leaf
  2. Gold Leaf Adhesive
  3. Gold Leaf Sealant 
  4. Soft Paint Brush
  5. Blank Notebook
  6. Foambrush
  7. Stencil (optional, you could freehand it)
    Not pictured:
  8. Black Acrylic Paint

Step 1: Decide where you want your batman symbol to be and draw it/ secure your stencil. Begin filling the outline in with adhesive. Use the foam brush because this stuff will never come out, trust me.
 
Let your adhesive dry for about 10 minutes, or until it is tacky to the touch.

Step 2: Apply a piece of your gold leaf to the spot.

Use your soft brush to wipe away the unnecessary bits. they can be reused for future projects!

Continue until its all covered. 

Step 3: Brush on a layer of sealant when you're satisfied.

(Optional) Step 4: Paint an oval outline around the symbol in black paint! You can use this to fix any minor outline errors you may have made.

Tada! Now you can keep track of all of your criminally insane arch nemeses in this handy dandy Batbook!


 I feel it's important to use non-boring school supplies, so I always try to give my stuff a 'lil DIY flair. Decorating my notebooks before school starts is a tradition of mine that goes all the way back to middle school.

Do you have any school traditions you try to keep up?

Til Next Time!


1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I always linger by the gold leaf at the craft store, but have never thought of a really good reason to buy any - until now! ^___^

    ReplyDelete